Energy Conservation Survey
An Energy Conservation Survey was performed in two separate plants. The total estimated annualized savings opportunities identified during the survey totaled $192,550.
The review of energy opportunities included a compressed air generation and distribution system evaluation, steam generation and distribution system evaluation, HVAC evaluation, lighting evaluation, and a plant walk-through to identify other energy saving opportunities.
The following primary opportunities were identified at one of the Client's Plant and may be accomplished through utilization of plant maintenance resources:
• Reduction of compressed air leaks;
• Elimination of compressed air blow-off solenoid;
• Repair of blow down heat recovery;
• Valve off idle boiler from header;
• Reduction of steam leaks;
• Reduction of vacuum leaks;
• Evaluation of yarn conditioning area;
• Separation of conditioned areas from non-conditioned areas;
• Elimination of energized idle equipment;
• Elimination of lighting; and
• Development of a lighting plan.
The following additional opportunities were identified which will require capital investment:
• Modification of compressed air distribution lines to prevent moisture;
• Improvement of metering in boiler house;
• Installation of automatic blow down control;
• Increase condensate recovery;
• Elimination of boiler cycling;
• Installation of boiler economizer;
• Route combustion air from ceiling;
• Insulation of exposed steam pipes;
• Modification of steam trap insulation to allow trap access;
• Route vacuum air to make-up of HVAC system;
• Installation of waste water heat recovery; and
• Modification of lighting.